There are many ways to get involved with honoring the history of Oberlin Village, educating the world about its historical contributions and significance, and helping to honor, preserve and educate the residents.
- Research and compile genealogical biographies of those interred in Oberlin Cemetery.
- Assist in organizing cemetery clean ups.
- Assist professionals completing cemetery restoration work.
- Research various resources for revenue.
- Grant writing.
- Develop fundraising activities.
- Research history of Oberlin residents and architecture.
- Lead Oberlin Village tours after completion of training.
- Locate and archive files for historical photos and documents.
- Conduct Oral Histories of Oberlin descendants and residents.
- Advocate for affordable housing in Oberlin.
- Monitor and attend Oberlin re-zoning requests introduced to the City Council.
- Partner with private and public financial institutions to preserve Oberlin homes.
- Assist elderly Oberlin residents with housing challenges.
- Manage the design and production of publicity.
- Designs and writes the text for educational materials and newsletter.
- Research City guidelines for historical marker.
- Update donor and volunteer database.
- Assist with donor acknowledgements.
- Assist with research, development, and distribution of FOV resource materials.
- FOV host cemetery clean ups four times each year. Check FOV’s calendar of events for the specific dates.
The following skills are desirable but not required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, including Excel, MS Word, and PowerPoint.
- Strong database management experience.
- Familiarity with G-Suite, Mailchimp and Bloomerang.
- Photography skills.
- QuickBooks and accounting.
"*" indicates required fields